3.1 General information
When you use the Site, Motul may collect and process personal data i.e. any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person and the following provisions set out how we use data relating to you and apply to all use of your personal information and data.
By accessing and using the Site, you authorize us to collect, store, access, transfer and use your information as described in this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy in future, which will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. Where appropriate we may notify you of changes by email or through our apps or websites.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are younger than this, please do not use our websites or apps. If you think we have collected personal information about someone who is younger than 13, please let us know pursuant to Article 6 below.
3.2. Personal data we may collect about you
3.2.1. We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, photograph) whenever you contact us, register an account with us, submit material through a form, or through the Site, for example when you upload videos, we will obtain any personal data which is contained in those videos (“Submitted Information”).
The content you post, and your user profile, will be public, so make sure you don’t share anything that you’d like to keep private.
3.2.2. When you visit the Site, we may place cookies on your terminal equipment, if you agree, pursuant to 3.7.3 below. A cookie is a small script sent to your browser by a web server and stored on the hard disk of your terminal equipment. We may monitor your use of our Site through cookies and similar tracking technologies. For example, we may monitor how many times you visit, which pages you go to and which videos you watch, traffic data, your IP and MAC address, a unique device identifier, the browsers and devices you use to access our Site, your internet service provider, and the actions you take when using our Site (“Analytics”).
3.2.3 The Site may also collect information which you make available to us and which is stored on your device, or your Facebook or other social media or similar profiles, including contact information, images, location, video or other digital content (“Content Information”). Details of the information we collect from your Facebook or social media account will be notified to you when you first grant us permission to access your account.
3.3. How we use your personal data
3.3.1. We will use your personal data for the only purposes described to you before collecting your data and obtaining your consent, and in particular for the following purposes:
- Submitted Information: to help us identify you and to open, run and monitor any accounts you hold with us; for administration; to process your enquiries; to monitor and distribute videos and other material you contribute through our Site; to provide personalized content, including promotional content; and to send you information about our Site.
- Analytics: to understand how, and how often, users use our Site, and to help us improve it.
- Content Information: to allow you to connect with friends and other users, to share videos and other contributions you might make, and to make it easier for you to use the Site, for example by pre-populating forms and user accounts.
3.3.2. We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined unless otherwise stated.
3.3.3. We may also use your submitted data to serve personalized content which we believe may be of interest you or to serve relevant advertising to you based on your personal data held by us.
3.4. Disclosures and Transfers of Personal Data
3.4.1. In order to provide products and services and to fulfil the above mentioned purposes we may need to share your personal information with other companies within the Motul Group and / or third party service providers that process data on our behalf.
- Submitted Information may be shared with the email service providers we use to keep you updated with news about our Site and with other third parties we use (who process your Submitted Information in accordance with our instructions) including for the purpose of live chat, marketing, feedback and support.
- Analytics information may be shared with advertisers on an anonymous aggregate basis. We may also display anonymous, aggregate statistics through our websites or other chats although this will not include your personal data.
The Site integrates with third party analytics providers who process the Analytics information we collect in accordance with our instructions, including to: track technical errors which arise from your use of the Site; monitor the performance of the Site; monitor how you use our Site including the actions you take when using our apps and websites. Data shared with Analytics providers will be processed by them for our use only, save that they may create their own reports on an anonymous and aggregated basis.
- Content Information submitted through the Site will be shared publically unless otherwise agreed.
Information which you include within your public profile of the Site, or which you share through forums and other interactive messaging features through our Site, will be shared with the other users of the Site.
In some cases, you may be able to select specific recipients of Content Information (for example if you are sending a private message, or sharing a video with a particular individual). When agreed, Content Information you share may be made publically available. Where you allow the Site to access your geo-location, that information will be used to make the content displayed to you through the Site more relevant to you. You may also tag your Content Information, in which case your approximate location (or any other tags you apply) will be visible to the public.
3.4.2. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who are our external service providers as required to deliver and improve our Site and to fulfil the above mentioned purposes,
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to enforce or apply the terms of agreements between us, to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3.4.3. Since Motul operates globally, Motul may want to transfer your personal data to other countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA); However, while in our control, we always seek to ensure that your personal information receives the same level of protection as it would had it stayed within the EEA, including seeking to ensure that it is kept secure and used only in accordance with our instructions and for the agreed purpose(s).
3.4.4. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers.
We may provide advertisers with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
3.5. Security of the personal data
3.5.1 We are committed to the security of your information and the data we hold. However, transmission of information via the Internet is not always secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data while being transmitted to the Site; Any transmission is at your own risk.
3.5.2 Once we have received your information, we take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information once it is under our control.
We guarantee that any third party to which your personal data is transferred and disclosed pursuant to Article 3.4 above, shall implement the appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information.
3.5.3 We shall inform you without undue delay of any data breach that is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedom.
3.5.4 When you share any Content with us, you should ensure that you are happy for that Content to be shared in case it contains personal information that you prefer to keep private.
3.6 Your rights
3.6.1. You can edit, delete and modify any profile information provided for use in the Site via your account page.
3.6.2. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. However, we can only make changes to your personal information if you notify us. It is your responsibility to let us know if there are inaccuracies or changes to your personal information.
Please notify us at privacy@MOTUL.com if there are any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal information, providing us with sufficient information to enable us to identify you so that changes can be made.
3.6.3. You may ask us to:
- provide you with access to any personal data we process about you, subject to an administration fee of XX when requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive,
- change, update your personal information,
- erase partly or totally your personal data,
- restrict the processing of your personal data, or
- object to processing of your personal data.
Please also note that you:
- are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time,
- have the right to data portability, and
- have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
For any information or request, you can contact us about your personal data and this policy at privacy@MOTUL.com
We will endeavor to respond to your query as soon as possible, providing us with sufficient information to enable us to identify you, so that any changes can be made. Please note that we may ask you for further information, or take other steps to confirm your identity before processing your requests.
3.6.4. The Site allows you to delete Content Information which you posted and to deactivate your account.
Please note that, if you deactivate your account, we will make your account unavailable to others.
However, any Content which you have already shared through the Site may be retained on the Site. For example, users may have shared your videos or you may have commented on other Content. If you deactivate your account without deleting content, that content will remain permanently accessible through the Site, but may be marked anonymous. We shall also retain all anonymous data related to your account and use of the Site to enable us to continue to better understand how users use the Site. We will not be able to identify you from this data.
- To log you into our Site and keep you logged in.
- To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration.
- To help us understand how you use our Site, and how often, so we can improve it to deliver a better experience for our users.
- To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services.
If you want to learn about how to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit the following URL: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ or change your Google Ads Settings. You can find out more about how Google uses data here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
3.7.4. You can naturally oppose the placement of cookies by changing your browser settings accordingly, but in that case some parts of the Site may function only partially. You can also eliminate cookies any time and individually by referring to the user's manual of your computer.
3.7.5. We work with third parties who may also place cookies on your device, for example Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter, which we use to enable social networking functionality and sharing and to monitor how visitors use our Site. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they place on your device. Some of these cookies are session cookies, which will delete after you close the browser or app or log out. Other cookies can be deleted by using your browser or device settings. You may also use your browser or device settings to block cookies, although please note that this may limit your usability of the Site.