Powersports - Key Account Manager
National Sales Director
Position Summary: The Powersports – Key Account Manager is responsible for managing the relationship between distributors and key accounts.
- 5+ years in the powersports industry working with both distributors and dealers
- Experience with track events and powersports trade shows
- Technical knowledge and expertise on the mechanics of motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage relationships between existing powersports distributors and/or key accounts in North America and be the point of contact if questions or concerns arise.
- Provide Motul specific details regarding the existing powersports distributors (company structure, customer base, geographic territories, etc.)
- Discover strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within our existing distributors and create a strategy based on the details retrieved to grow sales
- Visit existing distributors and dealers from time to time
- Work with the sales team to create trademarketing plans and incentive programs to drive sales
- Provide the team with market intelligence in each metro market
- Work with marketing to ensure the correct assets are assigned to every tradeshow and customer event
- Register/Attend Motul’s customer events and tradeshows.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ Experience: 4 year college degree (Business, engineering or related field), and 3+ years related experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office proficiently
Certifications or Licenses:
Directly supervises the staff. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.